The inventor of the first console violent games deemed "an embarrassment"

"What I created has become an abomination."




Ralph Baer, ​​the inventor of the Magnavox Odyssey, the first video game considered by many back in 1972, has spoken to the Salt Lake Tribune about the current state of entertainment in relation to violent video games.

"I think it's a shame. What I created has become an abomination," said the veteran and creative. "All I did was to offer what I thought might be a fun idea, which was the result of a small box that was linked to the television set. It has grown, grown and grown ...".

"Nobody noticed, even by that time we were at the geometric curve that would grow and grow to the sky," he said. "It was unexpected and fantastic. I am proud that happen. And if I had not begun, any other would have done".


bird costume mountain equipment

No comments:

Post a Comment